That dreaded moment when your friend, a loved one, or even you met with a car accident. We know accidents can bring in some serious trauma, be it in the form of physical damage, emotional distress, and even death in some cases. If you or someone close happens to be a part of a severe car crash, contact Palmdale Lancaster carr accident lawyers and let an experienced attorney help you recuperate.
Although the monetary aspect of the situation alone would not be enough to make up for the ordeal, it would surely aid in ensuring the speedy recovery of the ones affected and get things moving again. In unfortunate situations like these, it is very unlikely that one would invite more stress by trying to negotiate with insurance firms for the fair share of compensation they deserve for the losses incurred. So a lawyer can be a savior in such situations.
Continue reading as we unfold eight lesser-known facts that will help you become more aware of your surroundings and prevent you from putting yourself in a dangerous state of affairs.
- Your last text: Writing a text takes an average of 4.6 seconds. When driving at 55 mph, your eyes will be off the road for the equivalent of a football field.
- Closer to home: We’ve all heard that getting into an accident is more likely if you’re a mile from home, but the majority of automobile accidents happen within three miles of the driver’s home.
- Weekends are everyone’s favorite: Saturday is the most common day for an accident.
- Sixteen minutes: Every 16 minutes, someone in the United States dies in an automobile accident. It works out to 92 persons per day!
- Don’t read this if you’re driving: Over four car accidents would have occurred in the time duration it takes the typical person to read this list. According to statistics, a car accident involving injury occurs every 14 seconds, and one of those automobile accidents is deadly every 12 minutes.
- Fly or ride: A car accident has a 1 in 5,000 chance of killing you. In comparison, the likelihood of dying in a plane disaster is 1 in 11 million.
- According to statistics, men are more likely than women to cause an automobile collision.
- Tie your seatbelts: Wearing a seatbelt reduces the risk of death in an accident by 61%.
It’s always fun to discover new and unusual things.